Nick Vujicic was born without arms or legs. Yet he loves God and Jesus Christ. How is that possible? In a 7-minute YouTube video, Nick tells his own story to a group of school children. Link provided below.
His main points:
- If I fall and think I can't get up, I haven't failed until I stop trying. Only then will it be true that I can't get up. But if I keep trying, there's always hope, and the possibility that I will get back up.
- Sometimes you have doubts about what is going to happen in the future, and it scares you.
- But I found my strength in Jesus Christ.
- My victory is not when I stand up. It's when I know I can't do this on my own.
- If God can cause a man without arms and legs to smile, then God can cause us to be thankful, and to hang on to the hope that we have.
Nick was born to Serbian emigrants in Australia. He overcame childhood depression to become a preacher, motivational speaker and an author. He has spoken to over three million people in 24 countries. He widely credits Jesus as the reason he feels his life has been turned around and how has meaning. He is quoted as saying, "God, if you made me with no arms and no legs just [so that I could win] one more soul... to eternal life... then it's all worth it."
In February, 2012, Nick married this woman, named Kanae Miyahara. They now live in California.
Watch this inspirational video.