Yes, this title has the sound of a bad tabloid article, doesn’t it? But today I spoke to a man named William who has been in her house and believes this is true. William told me at a retreat at the Manresa Retreat Center in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan that he saw oil oozing from a crucifix, a painting of the Suffering Christ, a painting of the Virgin Mother, and from other Christian artifacts in this woman’s home. It is this phenomenonthat first draws people's interest to this story, so I'll say a bit about that, before talking about the Virgin Mary's words. The source of the oil has no scientific explanation. For example, the painting is on a thin canvas, there are no hoses or tubes attached to it, and the reverse side of the painting is completely dry. Over the course of the past seven years (since Aug. 2008), over three hundred and fifty pounds of oil has emerged from these and other artifacts in this house.
While the oil is a very puzzling (and convincing) physical phenomenon, when I hear of something like this that is real (and I’m strongly leaning in this direction based on having met William and knowing the priest who informed him, and seen the video… link below), I don’t get caught up in the physical miracle. When God makes things like this happen, it’s not stand-alone. It is done to help people believe in some sort of message.
In this case, the message is being spoken by an apparition of the Virgin Mary. She is heard audibly by the Chaldean woman. These messages have been all recorded so that they can be shared with humanity, and I’m going to do my part to share them. There are 176 messages so far recorded (up to Sept 16, 2014), and you can read them all by going to the link at the end of this article.
Yes, this is going out on a limb, because this blog is intended to be anobjective look at the extra-Biblical current-day evidence that God still acts in people’s lives. It’s intended to be a source that even non-believers can come to and feel comfortable as a visitor, not blown away by some laughable cockamamie tale. I am fully aware that Saturday Night Live finds stories like this to be excellent fodder for their “Virgin Mary in the Toast” gigs. And I don’t relish the comparisons some readers will surely make to this tale.
Despite all that, I’m going out on a limb because based on my fairly lengthy exposure to true stories about God acting in the lives of real people, I have no reason to question this one any more. (I do question every story I first hear about.) So what does that mean? It means that God is trying to talk to all of us through this set of events. He’s asked the Virgin Mary, for whatever reason, to be the spokesperson.
Here is the gist of her message:
- Mankind’s belief in her Son Jesus is watering down very quickly. Some quotes from the Virgin Mary:
- “Many people say that they are returning to Him; but they wound His Heart like the crown of thorns which pierced His Head.”
- “My Son says: ‘You wear the Cross, but your hearts are not clean and are empty of love.’”
- “Love God, and in everything love your neighbour. You must know that you have one Father. You must love Him more than yourselves. You must treat others as you treat yourselves. Pray for those who don’t know the meaning of suffering.”
- "Endure uncomplainingly and persevere in all your sufferings and difficulties with a joyful heart. In all of these matters, My Son is testing the people to see how they carry and bear their crosses and sufferings, like He carried His Cross. He will be with you when you endure your difficulties and sufferings. Do not be afraid and anxious. Offer your body and soul to Him. He will be with you in all these difficulties.”
- “Forgive those who did not forgive you. Pardon those who did not pardon you, like My Son Who forgave the world.”
- The messages of the Blessed Virgin Mother appear to be very urgent.
For those who would like to read all of the messages the Virgin Mary has given this visionary, the links are below.
The name of the Chaldean woman and her husband, and the precise Southeast Michigan city in which they reside is intentionally omitted from this article, because they prefer privacy. Two priests and a spiritual director are guiding her, whose names are also withheld. The Church has not yet ruled on the authenticity of this phenomenon, nor the messages from the Blessed Virgin Mary.